Webpart zone in master page?

Mats Lycken

Hi, I have a question about webparts in master pages.
If I add a webpart to a webpartzone located in a master page will that
webpart be available to all .aspx pages that uses that master page or
just the page I added the webpart from?
Is there some way to control this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
/Mats

Guest

Mat Lucky,

Sorry, webparts can't be added to the master page. Web part personalization
is stored by page in the personalization tables.

You can add the same webpart too diffent pages though.

Check out my cool web parts pages.
www.dws400.com

Good Luck
DWS

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for DWS's input,

Hi Mats,

As for ASP.NET 2.0 WebPart page, the personalization info is stored in
persistent storage as per page. In other words, each page(concrete page
rather than master page) will have its own personalized data (if have
enabled webpart ) no matter they've used the same master page or not...

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security