    specific controls I want to lock (and later unlock under certain
    circumstances), but I have no clue how to actually do the locking.
    Can somebody offer a hint?
    Randy, Jan 19, 2006

  2. myTextField.ReadOnly = true;

    Gabriel Magaña, Jan 19, 2006

  3. Randy

    Randy Guest

    AFIK, there ain't no such method/Property. Wish there were. Or are you
    suggesting something else?
    Randy, Jan 19, 2006
  4. Randy

    Randy Guest

    Oops. OK, well there's such a thing for a TextBox but I need to do the
    same thing for checkboxes, radiobuttons, even dropdown lists and
    listboxes. I think I can create a style sheet property that makes the
    various controls LOOK like they aren't editable, but I need them to be
    actually protected, read only, what have you.
    Randy, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Try setting "Readonly=True" for text boxes and "Enabled=False" for the other
    =?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBTYWxvbW9u?=, Jan 19, 2006
  6. It'd be a little ugly, but you can use javascript, or you can use a bitmap
    instead of, say, a true checkbox... I've seen it done both ways, and each
    has drawbacks...
    Gabriel Magaña, Jan 19, 2006
  7. Randy

    Randy Guest

    Do you remember the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz? That's what I feel
    like right now... "If I only had a brain."
    10 minutes ago, I would have swon by anything you like that the Enabled
    property had to do with whether a control's value was recorded in the
    ViewState array. I don't know where I get these crazy ideas.
    Thank you for setting me straight.
    Randy, Jan 19, 2006
  8. My Pleasure.
    =?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBTYWxvbW9u?=, Jan 19, 2006