Publishing Simple Web Site

WJB

Hello,

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with ASP.NET. I'm using VS 2005 (C#)
and SQL Server 2005. I created a sample ASP.NET Web Application project that
simply copies a "Hello World" label text to a text box when a button is
pressed. It runs under VS 2005. However, if I publish it using the "Publish
Web Site" menu option to a virtual directory (WebTest) created in IIS (5.1),
I get the following error:

by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry
access is not allowed.

I 'm running with the default Web.config file automatically created by VS
and authentication mode is Windows. The Web.config file in the
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG folder shows the
default trust level as <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />.

According to several articles I read online, this trust level should allow
the application access to all resources available on the machine. What else
could be causing the above exception?

The only other issue could be that a VPN client is installed on the
computer, but I do not run it during development.

I'd like to get this resolved before starting on the application development
so I can be confident of releasing pieces of the application for testing as
they are developed.

Thanks to anybody who can provide me some guidance.