py2exe and msvcp90.dll

Alex Hall

Hi all,
I am still fighting with py2exe; I keep getting "error: msvcp90.dll:
no such file or directory" right after it says it is searching for
required dlls. I have followed the py2exe tutorial, though, and I am
not sure why it is not finding the dlls, which are in both
c:\windows\system32 and in mainFolder/dlls, where mainFolder is the
main folder of my project, containing setup.py. Here is my setup file:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
from glob import glob
data_files=[("Microsoft.VC90.CRT", glob(r'c:\arm\dlls\*.*'))]
setup(data_files=data_files, console=['main.pyw'])

Of course, the location to glob is hard-coded. Also, I do not intend
this to have any console. Can I just omit the console argument? I
leave it in for now since the tutorial seems to indicate that such a
file is necessary, but I do not want to have one eventually. Thanks in
advance, as always! Oh, the entire source is at
http://www.gateway2somewhere.com/sw/sw.zip
as it usually is (and this time, I tested the link!).

Gaicitadie

[...]

you can use python2.5

Joaquin Abian

[...]

Did you already checked http://stackoverflow.com/questions/323424/py2exe-fails-to-generate-an-executable
and the links there?.

I am a heavy user of py2exe in winxp with python2.5. It works great
producing single executables with matplotlib, wxpython, and others.

Please report if you get your problem fixed. Sure will be helpful for
everybody

Luck

Joaquin

Waldemar Osuch