Python hackathon ideas

Claudiu Popa

Hello!

I'm planning a Python hackathon in my area, which will be held in a
couple of weeks. Being my first organized hackathon, I don't quite
know on what we will be working. One idea I have is to find a couple
of open source projects and start contributing to them.
Another idea is to work on Python issues from the bug tracker, but
finding easy ones to contribute is not an easy task even for an
intermediate developer like me.
So, what I am looking for is open source Python projects with:

- no tests or very few tests at all
- no documentation or very scarce documentation
- Python 2 only (and we'll try to port them to Python 3)

I know about Python 3 Wall of superpowers, but most of the Python 2
only projects seems too big
for us to tackle in one day. If you know these kind of projects or you
have one which
needs those kind of things, please tell me. Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rustom Mody

Hello!

I'm planning a Python hackathon in my area, which will be held in a
couple of weeks. Being my first organized hackathon, I don't quite
know on what we will be working.

Just yesterday I discovered that kodos that used to work is now not working
probably due to bit rot http://kodos.sourceforge.net/

Its a python-based and python-supporting app to create/debug regular expressions.
Whether its a scale suitable for your hackathon I dont really know.

All the best for the hackathon!