python installation on windows

rborole06

Hi Everybody

actually i want to run python on web browser. I downloaded python and installed but i'm not able to run it in browser but it running using command prompt. so i trying to install mod_wsgi 3.4. So i downloaded precompiled version mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6 and copied mod_wsgi.so file to C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\modules after i'm trying to run .\configure on path C:\Documents and Settings\Rahul\Desktop\mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6 but it giving me error that .\configure is not recognized as internal or external command.

So please suggest me what can i do for that, i'm so beginner to python and installing and configuring modules for apache.

Thanks
Rahul

tad na

Hi Everybody

actually i want to run python on web browser. I downloaded python and installed but i'm not able to run it in browser but it running using command prompt. so i trying to install mod_wsgi 3.4. So i downloaded precompiled version mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6 and copied mod_wsgi.so file to C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\modules after i'm trying to run .\configure on path C:\Documents and Settings\Rahul\Desktop\mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6 but it giving me error that .\configure is not recognized as internal or external command.

So please suggest me what can i do for that, i'm so beginner to python and installing and configuring modules for apache.

Thanks

Rahul

To set up a web browser:
1.open a dos window
2.navigate to dir you want "served"
3.type "python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8888 &."

Mark H Harris

That is very ~cool. I learn something around here everyday.

But, the OP did not ask how to run a web server on python (above); he
asked how to run python on a web browser (I think he meant web server).
Anyway, the PSF runs python (the interpreter) from a web server (I can
access the python interpreter from my browser from the PSF site).

How is that done simply, is possibly what the OP wants to know (me too).

marcus

Chris Angelico

Anyway, the PSF runs python (the interpreter) from a web server (I can
access the python interpreter from my browser from the PSF site).

How is that done simply, is possibly what the OP wants to know (me too).

That's a much MUCH harder thing to do than running Python code in your
web server, because of trust issues. I don't know how it's set up, but
there'll be something in there to protect the server against malicious
or accidental insanity (spinning with "while True: pass", trying to
read/write files, trying to execute commands, using up all of RAM with
"x = []\nwhile True: x.append(1)", etc, etc, etc). That's actually a
very hard problem to solve, not something where you can just say
"Here, this is how to run Python via a browser".

ChrisA

rborole06

Anyway, the PSF runs python (the interpreter) from a web server (I can
access the python interpreter from my browser from the PSF site).

How is that done simply, is possibly what the OP wants to know (me too).

That's a much MUCH harder thing to do than running Python code in your

web server, because of trust issues. I don't know how it's set up, but

there'll be something in there to protect the server against malicious

or accidental insanity (spinning with "while True: pass", trying to

read/write files, trying to execute commands, using up all of RAM with

"x = []\nwhile True: x.append(1)", etc, etc, etc). That's actually a

very hard problem to solve, not something where you can just say

"Here, this is how to run Python via a browser".

ChrisA

LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
This line also i added but then also same problem