python process accounting

Rita

Hi,

I was wondering if it possible to write a python wrapper which will account
my processes. I would like to account for all the children processes (fork)
by looking at their /proc/<pid> info. Such as memory, io, open files,
stats.

So, instead of me running "/bin/sleep 10", i would like to run it as
"pywrap.py /bin/sleep 10" and it will do an exec /bin/sleep 10 and do a
periodic snapshot for whats in /proc/<pid>/stats.