    the differences are so i can make my ruby app query my inbox. Any help
    would be appreciated.

    --Nick

    Nick Hird, Sep 13, 2007

  2. Nick Hird

    Peña, Botp Guest

    From: Nick Hird [mailto:]=20
    # I have been looking for some information on the net to use ruby and
    # query my microsoft exchange inbox. I thought exchange was using IMAP
    # but i guess i was wrong because i receive an "authentication not
    # supported" error when i try and login. I tried both authentication
    # types that i was able to find. So now i am on a quest to find out what
    # the differences are so i can make my ruby app query my inbox. Any help
    # would be appreciated.

    if you're on windows, maybe this may help =
    http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/08/automating-outlook-with-ruby-in=
    box.html

    kind regards -botp

    Peña, Botp, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Nick Hird

    koheik Guest

    Exchange supports IMAP4 but it's optional and turned off in default.
    For the protocol, basic login (+SSL/TLS) and NTLM are supported but
    CRAM-MD is not.

    Kohei

    koheik, Sep 14, 2007