Rails and fine-grained treats

Douglas Livingstone

Read some comments at the end of this article about "fine-grained
treats" where it says:

The best example I can think of is Quicken - Enter a little bit of
data and the application gives you more information than you thought
you could use. What happens next is that you start entering more data,
and Quicken gives you more treats. What makes it work for me is the
initial ease for a user to begin using the application.

http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2005/05/finegrained_tre.html

It struck me that this has much in common with Rails and Ruby
development. For example, define <=> and you get ==, >, and < for
free, or you scaffold :something, and you get list, add, edit and
templates for free.

Any other ideas for putting "treats" in Ruby software?

Douglas