Rainbows! 0.7.0 - Fibers and NeverBlock

Eric Wong

Rainbows! is an HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
request/response times and/or slow clients. For Rack applications not
heavily bound by slow external network dependencies, consider Unicorn
instead as it simpler and easier to debug.

* http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
* (e-mail address removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

Changes:

keepalive_timeout (default: 2 seconds) is now supported to
disconnect idle connections. Several new concurrency models
added include: NeverBlock, FiberSpawn and FiberPool; all of
which have only been lightly tested. RevThreadSpawn loses
streaming input support to become simpler and faster for the
general cases. AppPool middleware is now compatible with all
Fiber-based models including Revactor and NeverBlock.

A new document gives a summary of all the options we give you:

http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/Summary.html

If you're using any of the Rev-based concurrency models, the
latest iobuffer (0.1.3) gem will improve performance. Also,
RevThreadSpawn should become usable under MRI 1.8 with the next
release of Rev (0.3.2).