Reading the MAC address of the client PC

Greg Smith

We are trying to limit application access to curtain PCs. We are
considering using the IP address, which I know how to get but the MAC
address would be ideal.

Is there a way to read the client's MAC address?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark Rae

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if its an internal lan and no proxies are used, you can ask the dhcp server
(or wins servers) and translate the ip to mac. if its an external lan, there
is no way without an active/x control that sent the mac address.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)