Recording Audio From Website (there must be a way)

Guest

Hi all,
Have been getting no luck lately, but there must be a way i can recording
audio from the website and save it..
It's no problem on applications (VB.Net), and I know other have done it
before on the Websites - ASP.Net (I think by writing it in C++ or vb6 or
something - and then embeded the object or something... ).

Can anyone explain to me how i can do this, or provide some code if possible??

thanks all

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You'll need to use a thick client of some kind, such as an ActiveX control
embedded within the web page.
You may be able to use Microsoft's media player activex control.
Here's an example that uses the control to stream audio to a web user, but
with some tinkering you might be able to reverse the process.
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx