Remote audio recording in a multiuser environment

nelson -

Hi all!
I'm developing an application that will be used in a school. It
will allow client connected over ssh to liste to a multimedia file on
the server. The server componente will record the audio taken from a
specified client microphone, or it would pair two client, allowing
them to communicate each other registering the conversation.

I think to use pygst to record the microphone, but i can' figure out
how to register remote sound and how to create the channel between two
client. Do you think i have to use twisted (i don't know this
framework at all), or there is a simple solution?

I will surely use wxpython for the UI on the client and on the server.

Thank for any advice,
nelson