Refer to relative folder in HTML.

Mr. X.

Hello.
How can I refer to relative folder in HTML site ?
Is there any default path (I.e bin - Is it on default path?) ?
If so, how can I refer to default path?

Thanks :)

Denis McMahon

Hello.
How can I refer to relative folder in HTML site ?
Is there any default path (I.e bin - Is it on default path?) ?
If so, how can I refer to default path?

Thanks :)

Everything below the document root can be referenced using relative or
absolute paths, but you can't normally jump outside the document root
(in a well configured server).

What you can do if your server supports it is run cgi scripts in an
environment that probably has a path variable set, but that path
variable is normally controlled by the server configuration.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Peter

Hello.
How can I refer to relative folder in HTML site ?
Is there any default path (I.e bin - Is it on default path?) ?
If so, how can I refer to default path?

Thanks :)

If I want to display the path relative to 'root' I would use:

"/path from root"

For instance, 2 folders in root dir - 'funstuff' and 'serious'

If I'm in funstuff and want to reference anything in serious I would
put:

"/serious/etc"

freemont

For instance, 2 folders in root dir - 'funstuff' and 'serious'

If I'm in funstuff and want to reference anything in serious I would
put:

"/serious/etc"

That wouldn't work too well. You have to back out of funstuff first.

.../serious/etc is more like it.

Neredbojias

That wouldn't work too well. You have to back out of funstuff first.

../serious/etc is more like it.

I know it's a little confusing, but "/" is the root online so, for
instance, "/ofallevil" would put you in that one-step-up-from-the-root
dir no matter where you are/address it from.