Regional Language settings..

Daryl

I have developed a asp.net website using vs2008 and asp.net/vb.net.
I created resx files for both Russian and English.
I installed the website on a server. If I change my browser language to
Russian the website displays in Russian, if I change to English then I see
English.
However, my Russian clients see ENglish... even though the browser language
is set to Russian. Even thier Regional settings are set to Russia..
If I rdp to the server the website is on and change thebrowser language to
Russian I see English.... but from my system I see Russian...
What am I missing to allow the user to see the site in the language of thier
browser?

Juan T. Llibre

Daryl,

in the future, please don't post the same question with two different subjects.
There's no need to duplicate efforts. Thanks for listening.

Regarding your problem, please add this :

<%@ Page UICulture="auto" Culture="auto:en-US" %>

....to a test page.

That will default the UICulture and the culture to whatever language your users
have configured in their web browsers, and sets English as a fall-back in case
you haven't programmed a culture the browser has configured as its default.

If that works OK ( and it should ), you can add the automatic
configuration to your application's web.config globalization element :

<globalization uiCulture="auto" culture="auto:en-US" />

or

<globalization uiCulture="auto" culture="auto" />

Test in your environment...

"Culture" controls formatting of dates and numbers, and "UICulture" controls
resource loading ( translated text and localized control properties like color or font ).

For additional examples, please see :

http://quickstarts.asp.net/quickstartv20/aspnet/doc/localization/localization.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

Daryl

THanks for the info on the posting..

It seems my soultion was to have one set of res pages be Russian ru-RU and
the other set (identical) Russian ru

this works for the client..
On my language bar I see RUssian ru-RU, on thiers it is just Russian ru

i wonder why.