Remembering values between postbacks

Nathan Sokalski

I have 2 private variables in my class that I need to remember the values of
between postbacks (or actually callbacks, since I am using AJAX). I want to
avoid using session variables, if possible. Is there any other way to have
VB.NET maintain the values of these variables between postbacks & callbacks?
Thanks.

Cor Ligthert[MVP]

Eliyahu,

Is this not putting the horse behind the car, using ajax and then send the
variables over the line?

This is more ment for Nathan than for you.

Cor

Eliyahu Goldin said:
ViewState

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Nathan Sokalski said:
I have 2 private variables in my class that I need to remember the values
of between postbacks (or actually callbacks, since I am using AJAX). I
want to avoid using session variables, if possible. Is there any other way
to have VB.NET maintain the values of these variables between postbacks &
callbacks? Thanks.

Eliyahu Goldin

Re Is there any other way
I think the OP has to state clearly whether he is planning on postbacks or
callbacks. ViewState is obviously good for postbacks. This thread may help
for ViewState between callbacks:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1128218/1781727.aspx#1781727

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Cor Ligthert said:
Eliyahu,

Is this not putting the horse behind the car, using ajax and then send the
variables over the line?

This is more ment for Nathan than for you.

Cor

Eliyahu Goldin said:
ViewState