repeating dialog box problem - "Do you want to open or save this f

Shalom

I have installed iis 7 on my win vista home premium Sony Vaio laptop, and
then tried executing downloaded sample working asp scripts in the wwwroot
directory to try out.

The first asp script opened fine. When I tried to click the link from the
first asp script calling a second asp script, it just goes into a repeating
dialog box, asking "Do you want to open or save this file", but without
opening or executing the script, even though I kept clicking on "OPEN".

s_m_b

I have installed iis 7 on my win vista home premium Sony Vaio laptop,
and then tried executing downloaded sample working asp scripts in the
wwwroot directory to try out.

The first asp script opened fine. When I tried to click the link from
the first asp script calling a second asp script, it just goes into a
repeating dialog box, asking "Do you want to open or save this file",
but without opening or executing the script, even though I kept
clicking on "OPEN".

Usually means you haven't set the web server up to run asp or .net (aspx)
as scripts. You have to check that there is a listed association between
the file extension and asp/.net

s_m_b

Thank you for the info. Could you enlighten how to go about that?

This is based on XP - if IIS7 has moved bits around it may not be as
helpful as it should.

Open ISM
expand default web site
right clikc to open properties
home directory
application
configure
make sure there are entries for asp, aspx etc
If you've parked other files in subfolders, make sure these are marked
with execute rights for scripts.