resolution change

Jeroen van vliet

Hello,

my website is best viewed, and specially designed for 1024 X 786 and higher,
when shown on 800 X 600 it look horrible, now is it possible when the viewer
enters my site, his/her resolution will be changed automatically to 1024 X
768?

Jeroen

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Jeroen van vliet said:
my website is best viewed, and specially designed for 1024 X 786 and higher,
when shown on 800 X 600 it look horrible, now is it possible when the viewer
enters my site, his/her resolution will be changed automatically to 1024 X
768?

No. And resolution doesn't really matter. In my browser, you can't
even resize the browser window to that size, even if I am running my
screen at 1600x1200 (which also means that I would hunt you down and
staple you to a wall, if you ever managed to change my resolution to
puny 1024x768).

For the next question you should ask ("What can I do then?"), the
answer is to not design your page for a specific size.

/L

Andy Fish

if (and only if) the full benefits of your site can only be obtained with
1024x768 resolution, I think you should also devise a less rich version that
will give a subset of the functionality on different devices

Jeff North

| > my website is best viewed, and specially designed for 1024 X 786 and higher,
| > when shown on 800 X 600 it look horrible, now is it possible when the viewer
| > enters my site, his/her resolution will be changed automatically to 1024 X
| > 768?

Use percentages for all you html tags.
| No. And resolution doesn't really matter. In my browser, you can't
| even resize the browser window to that size, even if I am running my
| screen at 1600x1200 (which also means that I would hunt you down and
| staple you to a wall, if you ever managed to change my resolution to
| puny 1024x768).

You'd be waiting in a very long queue :)