Response/Request/Session Objects

Guest

My Session restarts on each postback of my ASP.NET page. I'm trying to
figure out why.

I set up a test application and have verified that the Request Object has
one cookie on each entry. This Session ID cookie has a new session ID value
and an expire attribute of zero on each post back.

I verified that when the page exits, the Response object has one cookie with
the same session ID as the Request object. The Session Object has 2
variables in it (both are strings). I manually set the Expire attribute in
the code and it is set for tomorrow when it exits.

On the very next post back, the Request Object has one session ID cookie
with a new ID value and Expire attribute of zero.

I've posted the same situation on the IIS discussion group in response to a
3-week old response to an earlier question on the same problem.

My local IIS service is set to enable session variables.
My web.config shows:
<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>