Retaining Carriage Returns in result of WCF WebMethod

sammartin

Hi all,

I have a problem whereby the result of a web method in a WCF service is
having its carriage returns removed. Instead of the \r\n, only \n are
present meaning the text when bound to a Windows forms control isn't
displaying correctly.

Is there a setting in the WCF service or client so that these characters are
preserved? I've Seen an example for a traditional Web service using the
XmlWriterSettings' XmlWriterSettings.NewLineHandling property but cannot find
anything for WCF.

Can anybody help?

TIA
Sam Martin