Return of spinoza1111

spinoza1111

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:48:26 -0700 (PDT),spinoza1111

Much but not this:

There once was a man named Spinoza
Who adamantly claims he that knows a
Lot about philosophy and art.
He's a pompous old fart,
Who's as phoney as homers by Sosa.

There is a clown named Richard Harter
And of trouble he is a starter
Punk what you begin
Is gonna do ya in
Or your name isn't Richard Harter

There is a crook named Harter
Who can't write verse what stealing my thunder
As you can certainly See,
"Knows-a" was stolen from me
So confusion to Richard Farter!

There is a sort of Person
Full of shame and rage because he ain't got no Education
He had to go to work
And so he acts like a jerk
Full of resentment is this Person.

spinoza1111

Your shoes are full of wee.

There is a type of person and he has a filthy mind
When he racks his puny brain when he has to rhyme to find
His favorite sex perversity
Is what he in mind's eye doth see
Because he's a filthy little pervert with a dirty little mind!
There really was no need
For Edward's toxic screed
His overwrought disdain
For the common man is plain

"Boop boop ba doo" is all you would do
But you can't, Mr Ant, even do that
You have no sense of rhthym and you have no intelligence
And you lack intelligence's grave sister, which is merely common
sense.
Your verse crawls from rhyme to rhyme as you paw through your
Thesaurus
Your verse dies from time to time while you eat my dust.
My lines are long and tall and the ladies like them
Your lines are stunted Homunculi whom at best the ladies frighten.

spinoza1111

Chortle.  I see that you have done your best.  It's a pity that your best
is failure.

In the Korporate world failure is predefined
Because it's based (Max Weber) on damnation predestined
You declare victory, and then you run away
From a failure which is yours and which you cannot now unsay.

The exchange has made it clear
That those to whom evil is done do evil in return.
Judged by the wealthy and always found wanting
They lust to be unjust here ... their "betters" imitating.

spinoza1111

There is a type of person and he has a filthy mind
When he racks his puny brain when he has to rhyme to find
His favorite sex perversity
Is what he in mind's eye doth see
Because he's a filthy little pervert with a dirty little mind!

"Boop boop ba doo" is all you would do
But you can't, Mr Ant, even do that
You have no sense of rhthym and you have no intelligence
And you lack intelligence's grave sister, which is merely common
sense.
Your verse crawls from rhyme to rhyme as you paw through your
Thesaurus
Your verse dies from time to time while you eat my dust.
My lines are long and tall and the ladies like them
Your lines are stunted Homunculi whom at best the ladies frighten.

Have I made the nod Homeric? Yes I have
The relative pronoun should be "which"
Harter and the Ant failed to catch this bitch

spinoza1111

Your shoes are full of wee.

There really was no need
For Edward's toxic screed
His overwrought disdain
For the common man is plain

He claims he's full of wit
(There's another word for it)
But the tit-fer doesn't fit
So he picks another nit

To resort to a slower method, Harter and Ant, and to speak then in
prose. Your verse is completely incompetent. It expresses no feelings
other than an unprocessed anger and rage. The "scope" of each thought
is the line since you don't have the grammatical ability to
subordinate a clause while crawling towards your next feeble rhyme.

You add unnecessary adverbs to maintain a preplanned scansion because
you don't know how to depart from scansion, or for that matter to
create harmonies by repeating a scan pattern with more words. For
example, in the first line, you have to use a dreadful adverb, Ant.

You write "there really is no need" to fill out the line. I could
have, Cyrano-like, written your poem for you.

There is no need
For Eddie's screed
He hates the common man
But his poetry doesn't scan.

The dimeter announces the main idea. It is supported by the
contradiction which is made clear by the longer line.

Harter has declared victory and run away, Ant. I'd suggest you do the
same.

I can write and you cannot
I'm a class act...vous est un sot

It's "really" ("rilly") the height of foolishness to react towards an
apropos posting of the scene in which Cyrano defeats his enemy le
Vicomte by composing a poem extempore while beating him at sword-play.
This is because the accusation of pretense false flat on its face when
I ain't pretending to read French or have read the play. I am reminded
of the way in which incompetent software managers and their bully
boys, and other computer thugs, react to well-designed code when some
rich fat slob of a client wants it "yesterday": they accuse the merely
competent of "pretentiousness" for merely trying to do a half-way
decent job.

Richard Bos

Didn't hear from him over here for a while. Now you got me worried -- although I
s'pose it would be the acme of futility asking "Would he still be allright?"

Myeah, that would be a bit of a null pointer dereference.

Richard

spinoza1111

Thank you for a more constructive crit
Some points you make are taken I'll admit
But I shall not run away
I'll be back another day
To comment on your posts as I see fit

But losing the rhymes for the moment and getting, I suppose, back
on topic...

Those clients are often deparments of large corporations which have
accepted the lowest bid from software companies invited to tender.
Perhaps the software managers should not apply for work that they
know will be nigh impossible to deliver with good quality code - but
they don't want to turn away business.

I've been criticised for being too negative when, at software
meetings, pointing out the problems from a programmer's point of
view. We were just expected to get on with it and do the best we
could.

It's a strange thing to be accused of being pretentious. I was accused
of paying too much attention to detail or trying to deal with issues
that I knew would be a problem in the future. "Don't worry about that,
we'll look at it in the next revision/bug-fix/whatever" was usually
what they said.

Interesting comments. Thank you. Programmers are treated like dogshit.

Chris M. Thomasson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
messagenews:[email protected]... [...]
lol. Anyway, some people might compare the type of programming I do
with
"rocket science", or perhaps compare it to juggling running
chainsaws.

Well, let's see if you can accomplish a task that I consider to be
fairly
easy. I want to create a reader/writer lock that has wait-free
fast-paths on
both the writer and reader side. I want this lock to be 100%
starvation-free
for both writers and readers. I want bounded time for both readers and
writers. Your not allowed to use CAS. After you accomplish that, I want
you
to augment your algorithm to allow for conditional reader-to-writer
upgrades, and non-conditional writer-reader downgrade. You may use CAS
for
the upgrade/downgrade, but not for reader/writer acquisition or
release.
BTW, your not allowed to use any loops in the algorithm. Oh, one more
thing.
I will make it really easy for you in that you do not have to document
any
membars. Once you accomplish this task, then we can begin to discuss
some
more exotic synchronization algorithms...
I'm sorry Chris but I don't feel
Like reinventing another wheel

Creating high-performance reader writer lock is not a waste of time. Heck,
even Sun Microsystems has an entire group working on synchronization
primitives. And guess what? They just released a paper on high-performance
read writer locks. They are using distributed counting technique to
increase scalability. There work in not in vain.
[...]

Well, I might was well give a link to the paper:

http://research.sun.com/scalable/pubs/SPAA2009-ScalableRWLock.pdf

Chris M. Thomasson

Cool site, pastebin. I will play with the code on the commute to work
and see what I can come up with.

AFAICT, it's not going to work out without resorting to unmanaged extension
libraries created in C/C++. Both current versions (e.g., Java and C#) of
DWCAS in pure managed code happen to be overbearing, and not very efficient
to say the least. Luckily, I can port all algorithms which do not depend on
DWCAS. That's not a problem, and the end solutions will be portable. Well, I
can port about 50% of DWCAS-base algorithms in Java/C# if I isolate how I
manage the memory in which nodes are carved out of. For instance, if an
algorithm only uses DWCAS to evade the ABA problem, then said algorithm can
be ported to Java/C#. However, it would be impossible to use the algorithm
to create a non-intrusive data-structure and even reuse nodes! Not very
pretty... Oh well.

;^(...

mike

[...]

E Nilges
emits
e-missives
(edjit!)

--Mike

Phil Carmody

Vous est? Someone's not been reading (or not understanding)
the verb conjugation thread.
E Nilges
emits
e-missives
(edjit!)

Solved by killfile. Hint, hint.

Phil

spinoza1111

Vous est? Someone's not been reading (or not understanding)
the verb conjugation thread.

I was corrected and accepted the correction a week ago:
I learned a little something, but you're just showing off, Joe.
Solved by killfile. Hint, hint.

You say you kill me but you're still here
I'd say that this is pretty queer.
You need the troll, it's called psychological transference
He becomes the part of you that is beyond your endurance.
Afraid of exposure you make the troll a negative cynosure
And identify all of his errors, for they are your night soiled
terrors.
You're afraid in a secret weakness the herd will turn upon you
For further information, read Sartre's book "Anti-Semite and Jew".
Ignorance is relabeled as skepticism, urbanity as vanity,
Sparseness of ability becomes an ascetic humility.