RSpec-2.0.0 is released!

David Chelimsky

## RSpec-2.0.0 has been released!

This marks the end of a year-long effort that improves RSpec in a number =
of ways, including modularity, cleaner code, and much better integration =
with Rails-3 than was possible before (see =
http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/01/25/rspec-20-in-the-works/).

### Docs, with a little bit of relish

In addition to the documentation available at all the places (see =
http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/07/01/rspec-2-documentation/), we've =
also got all of the Cucumber features posted to Justin Ko's new Cucumber =
presentation app, relish.

http://relishapp.com/rspec

We'll also have the RDoc up on http://rdoc.info in a day or so.

### Thanks!

Big thanks to 80+ contributors who submitted patches for RSpec-2.0.0, =
including [1]:

Aan, Adam Walters, Akira Matsuda, Alex Crichton, Anderson Dias, Andre =
Arko, Andreas Neuhaus, Ashley Moran, Ben Armston, Ben Rady, Brasten =
Sager, Brian J Reath, Carlhuda, Chad Humphries, Charles Lowell, Chris =
Redinger, Chuck Remes, Corey Ehmke, Corey Haines, Dan Peterson, Dave =
Newman, David Genord II, David S. Kang, Ethan Gunderson, Gon=E7alo =
Silva, Greg Sterndale, Hans de Graaff, Iain Hecker, Jacques Crocker, =
Jean-Daniel Guyot, Jeff Ramnani, Jim Breen, Johan Kiviniemi, Josep M=AA =
Bach, Josh Graham, Joshua Nichols, Kabari Hendrick, Kristian M, Lailson =
B, Len Smith, Leonardo Bessa, Les Hill, Luis Lavena, Marcin Kulik, =
Markus Schirp, Matt Remsik, Matt Yoho, Matthew Todd, Michael Niessner, =
Mike Gehard, Myron Marston, Nate Jackson, Neeraj Singh, Nestor Ovroy, =
Nick Ang, Nicolas Braem, Paul Rosania, Phil Smith, Postmodern, Prasad, =
Rob Sanheim, Roman Chernyatchik, Ryan Bigg, Ryan Briones, Sam Pohlenz, =
Scott Taylor, Shin-ichiro OGAWA, Thibaud Guillaume-Gentil, Tim Connor, =
Tim Harper, Tom Stuart, V=EDt Ondruch, Wincent Colaiuta, aslakhellesoy, =
eira, garren smith, grosser, hasimo, justinko, rup, speedmax, wycats

Extra special thanks go to:

* Chad Humphries for contributing his Micronaut gem which is the basis =
for rspec-core-2
* Yehuda Katz, Carl Lerche, and Jos=E9 Valim, for their assistance with =
getting rspec-rails-2 to take advantage of new APIs in Rails-3, and for =
shepherding patches to Rails that made it far simpler for testing =
extensions like rspec-rails to hook into Rails' testing infrastructure. =
Their work here has significantly reduced the risk that Rails =
point-releases will break rspec-rails.
* Myron Marston for a wealth of thoughtful contributions including =
Cucumber features that we can all learn from
* Justin Ko for his direct contributions to rspec, and for relish =
(http://relishapp.com/), which makes executable documentation act more =
like documentation.

### What's next?

#### rspec-rails-2 for rails-2

There are a couple of projects floating around that support rspec-2 and =
rails-2. I haven't had the chance to review any of these myself, but my =
hope is that we'll have be an official rspec-2 for rails-2 gem in the =
coming months.

#### rspec-1 maintenance

rspec-1 will continue to get maintenance releases, but these will be =
restricted, primarily, to bug fixes. Any new features will go into =
rspec-2, and will likely not be back-ported.

[1] Contributor names were generated from the git commit logs.=