Ruby on Fastcgi (Apache)

Snoop1990 Snoop1990

I got an free hosting package with ruby on rails based on Fastcgi (Part
of Apache). I do not have SSH access, so I can not create applications
on the server. Therefore I want to bring my own applications (I created
on FreeBSD) to the server. But it does not work, I have no idea how to
tell the server to execute the ruby files.

My home direction looks like:
/etc
/mail
/public_ftp
/public_html
/tmp
/www

(the /www is an alias to /public_html)

inside the /public_html there is a Folder called /cgi I tried to place
my application there instead of the /public_html direction but it does
not work. Can you please help me, because the hosting provider does not
know enough about Ruby on Rails to help me, he just installed a Package
and it said Ruby on Rails was successful added !

Regrades Snoop1990

Snoop1990 Snoop1990

Ok I found out I have to use /public_html/cgi-bin/

I tried an easy ruby script (called script1.rb)

#!/usr/bin/ruby
puts 'Hello World!'

and get:
"Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, (e-mail address removed) and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at xxxxxxxx.net Port 80" (I killed the changed the
names!)

I also tried the application I had compile on freebsd
I opened : http://xxxxxxxx.net/cgi-bin/<Application
name>/public/dispatch.cgi

and get : "Application error
Rails application failed to start properly""

I also tried http://xxxxxxxx.net/cgi-bin/<Application
name>/public/dispatch.fcgi

But there was no out put, just a clear page.

So the directory /public_html/cgi-bin is executable, but I do not know
how to use it. My application is a folder with some subfolders (an
standard rails application). Is it possible to execute these
applications with FastCgi ?