Ruby on Rails Agile role

grant.bodie

Hi

I am an IT Recruiter and a client of mine is looking for a Ruby on
Rails developer. If they cant get someone with that skill set they will
consider a good Java guy keen to learn Rails. Either way they must be
an Agile enthusiast!

Is this you or do you know anyone? The role is paying £35k and is
based in London.

We do pay a referral fee of £250 for a successful referral!

Please contact me on 01189897601 or (e-mail address removed)

James Edward Gray II

Hi

I am an IT Recruiter and a client of mine is looking for a Ruby on
Rails developer. If they cant get someone with that skill set they =20
will
consider a good Java guy keen to learn Rails. Either way they must be
an Agile enthusiast!

Is this you or do you know anyone? The role is paying =A335k and is
based in London.

We do pay a referral fee of =A3250 for a successful referral!

Please contact me on 01189897601 or (e-mail address removed)

You might want to post this on the Ruby jobs board:

http://jobs.rubynow.com/jobs/

James Edward Gray II

Phil Tomson

Hi

I am an IT Recruiter and a client of mine is looking for a Ruby on
Rails developer. If they cant get someone with that skill set they will
consider a good Java guy keen to learn Rails. Either way they must be
an Agile enthusiast!

Is this you or do you know anyone? The role is paying £35k and is
based in London.

We do pay a referral fee of £250 for a successful referral!

Please contact me on 01189897601 or (e-mail address removed)

35K Pounds * 1.78 = $62.3K

Doesn't seem like that would go very far in London.

Phil

grant.bodie

I agree but this is a startup organisation so it is a situation where
if you give a 100% commitment and arent just looking for cash the
future is bright! Share options are included.

Kev Jackson

Phil said:
35K Pounds * 1.78 =3D $62.3K=20

Doesn't seem like that would go very far in London.

Phil

=20
I left London with a base salary of 28K GBP/anum, and I survived fairly=20
well.

The main problem is housing, basically if you don't have independent=20
means (like being Bill Gates sole heir), getting enough cash together to=20
buy a house or even a flat in London is outragously expensive. I looked=20
and at maximum mortgage (like 5*salary over 50 years), I could only=20
afford a 1 bedroom bedsit.

Then again I doubled my salary in 4 years of working there - yes I=20
started in London on 14K - that was hard, worse than being a student. =20
1200/month before tax, about 1000 after and rent was 500 (before=20
bills)...at close to 3 pounds a pint, it was easy to drink yourself to=20
financial ruin.

Now I'm on 12K GBP, but I live in the developing world so it goes a=20
*lot* further.

erm bit off-topic I suppose, but sometimes I get a little homesick

sorry

Kev

ps

I'd do it if I could telecommute ;)