Running ASP.NET with IIS on Windows 2000

Guest

I am having difficulty setting my Windows 2000 machine to run ASP.NET files.

I have installed IIS
I have Installed the .NET Framework 1.1
I try to create an ASP.NET Application from Visual Studio.NET 2003

I create the project using the location:
http://localhost/WebApplication1

I get the ERROR -
"Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified web server is not running
ASP.NET Version 1.1.

What am I doing wrong here???

Pramod Anchuparayil

Have you installed FrameWork 2.0? if so, you will need to select ASP.NET 1.1 version for the site from IIS Properties. Look for an ASP.NET tab.

Eliyahu Goldin

You need to register asp.net with IIS. Open Visual Studio command prompt and
type

aspnet_regiis -i

Eliyahu