Running IIS Remotely for ASP.NET Application

SatishPasala

Hi

I am trying to develop a ASP.NET application. I am right now working on
a Windows 2000 Professional system which does not support IIS. I have a
different server which runs the IIS.

How do I configure my Visual Studio.NET to use the remote IIS?

How does it effect debugging my .NET application?

Thank You,
Satish Pasala

PL

You have IIS5 on the Windows cd, just put it in and go into
windows components, then either reinstall the .NET Framework
or run aspnet_regiis on the command prompt.

PL.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I am right now working on a Windows 2000
Professional system which does not support IIS.
How do I configure my Visual Studio.NET to use the remote IIS?

Install IIS on W2K Pro, develop your app with VS.NET and publish your
website the regular way, or use VS.NET's internal web server to develop
your Application and publish your website the regular way.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I need to use a remote IIS server which already exists

No, you do not.

That would be contrary to best practices, which recommend
that a production server should *never* be used to debug anything.

Create and debug your app on your local box
....and publish your app, when it has been debugged, to your remote server.

SatishPasala

the IIS server is a development one ... everyone should connect to the
IIS server

The application will later be deployed in production server ..

satish