SCJP

Rachuru

Hi I want to know about SCJP 's credibility and whether it adds value
to my 2 yrs. of IT experience in Java platform...can anybody give me
information about this...

Stefanie Ertheld

Hi,

I am studying for the SCJP since October or November last year.
The SCJP is a great chance to greatly improve your Java skills, besides
it is well known and accepted by the industry as far as I know.
In a company I once worked my boss hired a guy from asia, just based on
the fact of his great SCJP score.

It's really tough, so.

How long you have to study depends on your current Java experience,
as well as the time you may spend on studying. A colleague studyied for
4 weeks - 8+ hours each day, I am studying while working, therefore I
only study on weekends, so it takes a few month.

I can recommend you a good book - Sun Certified Programmer for Java
Study Guide - SCJP Exam 310-055 by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates.
These guys write the best books I know, funny, interesting, lots of
material covered. Buy this book, read it twice, do ALL the excercises,
improve the topics you scored low at, and you will get a score of 96% or
better.

What is important, do the Java 5 test (for the new Java 6 examt there
aren't any study guides out yet. Without a proper study guide, you'r
basically fucked! ;-)

So, have to stop now to go back and study some more..

Hope this helps.

Stefanie