scrolling="none" Has No Effect

PeterOut

I am new to html and am writing a web page for a home business. Here
is the code I have so far.

<head>
<title>Page Title</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#FFCC00">
<frame scrolling="none" src="CompanyName.html" name="top" >
<frame src="Rest.html" name="bottom">
</frameset>

I have two frames. The upper frame contains the company name. I
specifically say
scrolling="none"
because I do not want a scroll bar on the company name but I get the
scroll bar anyway.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Also, can somebody tell me how I can make the company name exactly fit
the upper frame.

Many thanks in advance,
Peter.

rf

PeterOut said:
I am new to html and am writing a web page for a home business. Here
is the code I have so far.

<head>
<title>Page Title</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#FFCC00">
<frame scrolling="none" src="CompanyName.html" name="top" >
<frame src="Rest.html" name="bottom">
</frameset>

If you are writing a new page then you should *not* be using frames. Even
Netscape (the people who invented them) stopped using them on their own web
site just six months later, and that was last century.

I have two frames. The upper frame contains the company name. I
specifically say
scrolling="none"
because I do not want a scroll bar on the company name but I get the
scroll bar anyway.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Did you look at the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html

The possible values for the scrolling attribute are yes, no and auto.
Also, can somebody tell me how I can make the company name exactly fit
the upper frame.

Don't know. Can't see it. You need to provide a URL to have those sorts of
questions answered.

In any case, how big is the company name and how big is the upper frame. You
can possibly control the former, you have no control at all over the latter.
The viewer may resize her browser.

Andy

PeterOut said:
[...]

Hi Peter,

Try using scrolling="no"

Andy

PeterOut

If you are writing a new page then you should *not* be using frames. Even
Netscape (the people who invented them) stopped using them on their own web
site just six months later, and that was last century.

Did you look at the spec:http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html

The possible values for the scrolling attribute are yes, no and auto.

Don't know. Can't see it. You need to provide a URL to have those sorts of
questions answered.

In any case, how big is the company name and how big is the upper frame. You
can possibly control the former, you have no control at all over the latter.
The viewer may resize her browser.

Yes!
scrolling="no"
worked. Thanks very much.

Interesting what you said about frames. The on-line course I have
just taken at work emphasized frames. What should I use instead?
Thanks.

I am just developing the web page on my PC and have not put it on the
web yet. I have coded the top frame to be 100 pixels regardless of
how the browser is resized. Would I just make the company name 100
pixels high? Thanks again.

PeterOut

Don't know. Can't see it. You need to provide a URL to have those sorts of
questions answered.

In any case, how big is the company name and how big is the upper frame. You
can possibly control the former, you have no control at all over the latter.
The viewer may resize her browser.

The is the text of the source file I call for the company name.

<head>
<title>Company Name</title>
</head>
<h1 style="background:blue;color:white;font-size:60" align="center"
height="100">Company Name</h1>

Thanks,
Peter.

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
PeterOut said:
Interesting what you said about frames. The on-line course I have
just taken at work emphasized frames.

I was wondering how come so many folks get the idea! So the oft
said remark by some regulars here about the dangers of various
HTML/CSS courses is right!