sending XML message to webservice problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I have a customer who wants to send us a XML message like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <PurchaseOrder xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
    <OrderHeader>
    <PONumber>10464</PONumber>
    </OrderHeader>
    <OrderDetails>
    <ItemNumber>63434</ItemNumber>
    <NumberOfItems>6</NumberOfItems>
    </OrderDetails>
    </PurchaseOrder>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    This message can't be changed. So I build a webservice like this:

    [WebMethod]
    [SoapDocumentMethod(ParameterStyle=SoapParameterStyle.Bare)]
    public string PurchaseOrder(XmlNode XmlPurchaseOrder)
    {
    //do something nice with XmlPurchaseOrder
    }

    When I am looking at the contents of XmlPurchaseOrder, I only see the
    elements of the first node, OrderHeader. No Orderdetails. Basically, I
    would retrieve in my function the whole XML message between the
    PurchaseOrder tags, not only the first node. I tried several other
    function calls, but I always ends up with the information of the first
    node.

    Anyone a clue?

    Chris, Jun 30, 2004