serial communication between PC and Altera FPGA in c++ or c

sarah

hI,

I have a project. I need to realise serial communication between PC
and Altera FPGA in c or c++. The function of FPGA is working well. it
can send data to uart.

Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

Thanks

sarah

Jim Fischer

sarah said:
hI,

I have a project. I need to realise serial communication between PC
and Altera FPGA in c or c++. The function of FPGA is working well. it
can send data to uart.

Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

There is no built in support for any type of I/O port in the standard
C/C++ libraries. So your only option is to use platform-specific code in
your C/C++ program -- e.g., custom libraries, operating system services,
etc.

For this particular question, your best bet would be to ask for help in
the newsgroups and/or mailing lists that are dedicated to programming
issues for the specific OS/hardware platform you're working with --
e.g., the Linux programming newsgroups; the Win32 programming
newsgroups; the MacOS programming newsgroups, etc. Those are the folks
who can help you with C/C++ programming questions that do not have
"standard C/C++" answers.

FWIW, the Google (http://www.google.com) search engine is your friend!
;-) For example, if you want to write a C/C++ program for a PC running
Microsoft Windows 2000, and you want that C/C++ program to use the
serial port, try a Google search using the following words:

microsoft windows 2000 serial port C++