"Server application unavailable" ...again

Andrew

I'm getting this error again. I received it once before
because of an XP Pro bug: I ran the batch file which
patched the ASP user (perhaps some of you know the one)

I'm not sure why it's recurring now. Can someone point me
to a definitive list for sources of this error. It seems
as though it can be caused by many things.

The application event log shows the standard...
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for
the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when
the worker process account has insufficient rights to
read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that
the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the
ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the
configured account.
and

aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the
username and/or password supplied in the processModel
section of the config file are invalid.

Thanks in advance.
Andrew

Oliver

Maybe someone patched the machine with the latest IE fixes released today
and it needs to be repaired again?

Andrew

Someone didn't, no.

.