Session (Temporary) Cookies - where are they stored under IE(6)?

kublai khan

I set temporary cookies that I can easily view with Mozilla. With IE
(6), however, I cannot find them in the Temporary Internet Files folder
with the page still open. It looks like the cookies are set all right
because if I configure the browser to prompt before accepting cookies,
I can see the values change as expected. Where are these stored?
TIA.

KK

Ivo

I set temporary cookies that I can easily view with Mozilla. With IE
(6), however, I cannot find them in the Temporary Internet Files folder
with the page still open. It looks like the cookies are set all right
because if I configure the browser to prompt before accepting cookies,
I can see the values change as expected. Where are these stored?
TIA.
You shouldn't trust what you may or may not see in system folders.
Type in the addressbar of the window containing the page:
javascript:alert(document.cookie);

then hit 'enter' to see the current cookie displayed in an alert.

Or make it a fancy bookmarklet:
javascript:if(document.cookie){alert(document.cookie.replace(/; /g,
'\n\n'));}else{alert('no cookie for this site.');}