sessionState mode="SQLServer" similar for non-msSQL databases.

Guest

I'm planning on persisting sessionState in a database (not MS SQL). Is
there a way to do this using the web.config file? I see that you can set
the sessionState mode="SQLServer" to persist to a MS SQL database, but can it
be done somehow while using another database? If not, what are some ideas
for the best way to handle this appropriately? I'm trying to keep the
session information updated in a database, so that other web applications
written in JSP can view/use/update this session information. Any
ideas/thoughts?