SessionState server

Peter Palmieri

I'm trying to set up a session state server for a server farm.

We have two servers using load balancing. I set up the same machineKey
settings on each of these two servers. I set up a third serveras the
StateServer (installed ASP.NET and started the service. I changed the
web.config file on the two web servers so that the session state section was
set to StateServer with the correct ip address.

When I load a page locally from the web servers, one one server the page
loads, and on the other server the b rowser simply sits there with the
progress bar in IE gradually getting longer, but never loading or throwing
an error.

When I take out all of the config file changes and load the page either from
within one of the web servers, or from outside, it loads fine. We know the
load balancing works. We can take down one server and still hit the site,
etc.

What else should I be looking for to get this working? Why would the one
server just continue to load forever?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter Palmieri

Never mind. I have no idea what it was, but something was screwed up in my
config files. I seem to have it working now.