SEVERAL LINES IS TITLE PROPERTY OF CELL

RootShell

I HAVE the following HTML code...

How can i make it display in the yellow box that appears when my mouse is
over the table, so that i get this:

********
* LINE1 *
* LINE2 *
********

Instead of what i get now:

****************
* LINE1 \n LINE2 *
****************

Please help im desperate, i tryed the \r\n combination, only the \r and only
the \n no help.

Thanks
RootShell

Stephen

In RootShell <[email protected]> expounded:
| I HAVE the following HTML code...

| How can i make it display in the yellow box that appears when my
| mouse is over the table, so that i get this:
|
| ********
| * LINE1 *
| * LINE2 *
| ********
|
| Instead of what i get now:
|
| ****************
| * LINE1 \n LINE2 *
| ****************
|
| Please help im desperate, i tryed the \r\n combination, only the \r
| and only the \n no help.
|
| Thanks
| RootShell

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed) (Stephen)
background="cinzento.png">LINE1<br/>L
NE2</td> </tr>

No, the OP wants to affect the title attribute of a cell, which I don't
think can be accurately done since each browser will render it
differently...

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Mitja

Davmagic .Com said:
No, the OP wants to affect the title attribute of a cell,
which I don't think can be accurately done since each
browser will render it differently...

Yes, it's very system-dependent. As the specs say: "Values of the title
attribute may be rendered by user agents in a variety of ways." In reality,
tooltips are the way to do it, but it can't be depended upon, especially not
for critical context.
There's a workaraound using :hover which doesn't work in IE: google for css
tooltips.

Toby Inkster

RootShell said:
How can i make it display in the yellow box that appears when my mouse is
over the table, so that i get this:

********
* LINE1 *
* LINE2 *
********

The most reliable way is probably:

title="LINE 1
LINE 2"

but that will only work occasionally. In general, browsers will wrap title
tooltips if/when they want to.