    authentication. They both go against the same authentication database, and I
    would like them to share security, so going from one to the other does not
    require a new login. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks.

    Gerhard, Jul 28, 2010

  2. --Sincerely,
    Roy Tian
    Microsoft Online Support

    Roy Tian [MSFT], Jul 28, 2010

  3. Hello Gerhard,
    Thank you for posting.
    Form your post, I think your problem belongs to Single Sign-on Cross
    Domains and Platforms. There have two cases, one is Single Sign-on Within a
    Sub Domain, and the other is Single Sign-on Within a Second Level Domain.
    The article below discusses the methodology and implementation of single
    sign-on cross domains or platforms using ASP.NET Forms authentication in
    conjunction with ASP.NET web services. It also discusses the methodology of
    transferring user data to an application located at a different domain or
    platform during the authentication process. Although being highly
    simplified, it provides a good starting point for developing your own
    single sign-on authentication solutions.
    Please check the following link:
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SingleSignon.aspx
    Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Roy Tian

    Roy Tian [MSFT], Jul 28, 2010
  4. Hello Gerhard,

    Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.

    Roy Tian [MSFT], Jul 30, 2010