Shed Skin Python-to-C++ Compiler

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Dufour, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Mark Dufour

    Mark Dufour Guest

    Hi all,

    I have just released version 0.0.19 of Shed Skin, an optimizing
    Python-to-C++ compiler. It allows for translation of pure
    (unmodified), implicitly statically typed Python programs into
    optimized C++, and hence, highly optimized machine language. This
    latest release adds basic support for iterators and generators, as
    well as a full implementation of the random module (by converting it
    to C++ from a Python implementation), among other things.

    For more details, and a collection of 26 programs, at a total of about
    7,000 lines, that work with Shed Skin (resulting in an average speedup
    of about 40 times over CPython and 11 times over Psyco on my
    computer), please visit the homepage at:

    http://mark.dufour.googlepages.com

    Thanks!
    Mark Dufour.

    Mark Dufour, Feb 8, 2007