Shed Skin Python-to-C++ Compiler

Mark Dufour

Hi all,

I have just released version 0.0.19 of Shed Skin, an optimizing
Python-to-C++ compiler. It allows for translation of pure
(unmodified), implicitly statically typed Python programs into
optimized C++, and hence, highly optimized machine language. This
latest release adds basic support for iterators and generators, as
well as a full implementation of the random module (by converting it
to C++ from a Python implementation), among other things.

For more details, and a collection of 26 programs, at a total of about
7,000 lines, that work with Shed Skin (resulting in an average speedup
of about 40 times over CPython and 11 times over Psyco on my
computer), please visit the homepage at:

http://mark.dufour.googlepages.com

Thanks!
Mark Dufour.