Signing applets

emf

The applet in my sig below is now giving a warning that says that

"Running unsigned applications like this will be blocked in a future
release because it is potentially unsafe and a security risk."

Searching the web, I found out that I should either use a self-signing
tool or a commercial Certificate Authority.

I also found that Adobe Echosign offers a free service
(https://www.echosign.adobe.com/en/misc/realestateregisterc.html)

I do not remember learning about signing signatures from the books I've
read. I need some simple advice on what to do. What are the advantages
of each method? Would you recommend Echosign? Or what self-signing tool
would you recommend?

Thanks,

emf

markspace

I do not remember learning about signing signatures from the books I've
read. I need some simple advice on what to do. What are the advantages
of each method? Would you recommend Echosign? Or what self-signing tool
would you recommend?

No, Echosign is the wrong approach entirely. Start here, and be
prepared to do some serious reading.

<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/java-code-signing-1915323.html#60>

P.S. I found this by Googling "how to sign a java applet"