SMS by mobile phone

eeh

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to send sms by Java source code if I attached
a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
pulses by ATDT command like using modem?

Thanks!

Roedy Green

Could anyone tell me how to send sms by Java source code if I attached
a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
pulses by ATDT command like using modem?

Does your cellphone have an Internet connection? If so, providers
have websites where you can deliver the messages via TCP/IP or email.
I worked some years ago on a medical reminder program. We had hooks
into half a dozen cell-phone providers. They were not that
complicated.

Leo Gaggl

eeh said:
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to send sms by Java source code if I attached
a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
pulses by ATDT command like using modem?

Thanks!
yes - certainly possible and there is plenty of software around to do
it. some commercial and some open source. depending on the mobile you
can use AT commands or some use other formats (binary GSM formats). just
plain old serial ASCII text. no pulses or tone. as per usual google is
your friend:

http://www.objectxp.com/products/jSMS/
http://www.autexier.de/jmau/apps/smsj/smsj.html

HTH