JTAPI vs. JAvaComm for PC to Cell Phone SMS with AT commands

stan k.

I found out that what I really want to do is just make a PC app that
communicates with the cell phone. That being the case I have a choice
of using JTapi or JavaComm to send AT commands to a GSM GPS cell phone
over SMS.

Can anyone provide their reviews or feedback as to which is the better
java api to use.

I've written a program to send AT commands to a regular modem and
receive the replies via any com port (serial port). How much of this
would have to be adapted to get it to work with via SMS and a cell
phone...

Also what about IRda (infrared) how do Jtapi and JavaComm compare on
this?

Finally I know this is a Java newsgroup but if anyone has any other
platforms they like tell me as I'm open to using them.

Thanks in advance

(Regarding Brew - the app listed in the last post (snip snip!)-
qualcomm has so many hoops you have to jump through plus security that
I couldn't even get the download to start up...)