SMS from my site!

Benny Alexander

Is there any ASP application to send SMS to mobile phones from a website?

Thanks,
Benny

Jan G. Thorstensen

Hi.
I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
work.

What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.

Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.

Jan

Evertjan.

Jan G. Thorstensen wrote on 02 jul 2003 in
I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
work.

What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.

Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.

Jan

You cannot send an email to a phone number, only to a provider that will
forward it into the telephone net.

(e-mail address removed) [virtual]

They want to get payed for that !!

Jan G. Thorstensen

Thanks, Evertjan.
Danke wel...

Evertjan. said:
Jan G. Thorstensen wrote on 02 jul 2003 in
I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
work.

What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.

Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.

Jan

You cannot send an email to a phone number, only to a provider that will
forward it into the telephone net.

(e-mail address removed) [virtual]

They want to get payed for that !!

Dan Brussee

Hi.
I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
work.

What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.

Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.

Jan

As has been posted, you cant just send it to the phone number itself,
but many cell phones have a domain where you can send to. For example
Verizon Wireless uses vtext.com as their domain, so if you have a phone
number 999-123-4567 and use Verizon, you can send an SMS message to
(e-mail address removed).

If you do not know the vendor of the cell phone number, you will
probably need the services of the third party sender.