Solaris 9 and Java Web Start

Jakanapes

We are having trouble using Java Web Start on our Solaris 9 machines.

Using Netscape 4.78, when we click on a jnlp link, the JWS starts, but
does not download any files or show us our jar file. Some suggestions
from the web seem to be
to change to proxy setting to Browser, but the browser tab is
unavailable with a message "Unable to determine browser settings".

Using Netscape 7, even though I have registered the jnlp file type to
use javaws, when we click on the link, it still brings up the "save as"
option.

Has anyone else seen thse problems?

Thanks!

barilla

hello,

i tried with firefox, no problem.
using sun java 1.5_04.

webstart is no different from any other app.
in firefox you can decide what is the app to
launch with a specific file type/extension.
webstart is not integrated in the browser
like java plugin.

paul.