SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!

John Woodgate

WOW, your prof let you use NANDs? we had to do this using only
relays. Wish I had an easy prof like yours.

You were allowed RELAYS? We had to use frogs' legs. And catch the frogs
first.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Bob Perlman
(e-mail address removed)>) about 'SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!', on
Thu, 1 Jan 2004:
Hah! Luxury! When I was a boy, Professor Babbage made us use gears
and levers!

But I bet you enjoyed the tutorials with Lady Ada!

DJ

I read in sci.electronics.design that Bob Perlman
(e-mail address removed)>) about 'SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!', on
Thu, 1 Jan 2004:

But I bet you enjoyed the tutorials with Lady Ada!

An analytical deduction?

DJ

Hah! Luxury! When I was a boy, Professor Babbage made us use gears
and levers! Compared to that experience, designing with today's EDA
tools seems...well, pretty much the same, actually.

Bob Perlman
Cambrian Design Works

Based on the OP's email address, the thing should be implemented using only
Aristotelian propositions.

dj

Wouter van Ooijen

If I were your prof, and I caught you blatantly trying to get others to do your
thinking for you, I'd make you design it using nothing but BC547's, resistors
and diodes. That way you might l-e-a-r-n something. That is why you are at uni?

Why would he need diodes?

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------
http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Bill Sloman

DJ said:
An analytical deduction?

You didn't want to bet with Lady Ada - she had one of those betting
schemes that had made many bookmakers rich. Betting against her didn't
work any better.

Jim Thompson

Why would he need diodes?

Wouter van Ooijen

No diodes needed, just RTL structures ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

john jakson

Can anyone send me a 4-bit binary divider circuit in this email :
(e-mail address removed) ? I must make this homework for my university and i
am late.
I have to make this circuit only with NAND gates.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot

In a few years there may be a job for you at the NY Times as a
technology correspondant. Just make it up as you go or dredge it from
the net. It wouldn't be anymore crazy than the real thing.

Happy new year every one

Mike Cowlishaw

Tom said:
In John Crighton typed:

I can't find those links on the site.

It has weird navigation. I found it by right-click/open in new window
on 'Projects' link near the top. Not obvious...

mfc

Wing Fong Wong

In comp.arch.fpga Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl) said:
Why would he need diodes?

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------
http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

That would be diode transitor resistor logic, stuff from 1st year electronic
engineering. Diode and resistors to make and gates and transitor invertors.

Ken Taylor

Wing Fong Wong said:
That would be diode transitor resistor logic, stuff from 1st year electronic
engineering. Diode and resistors to make and gates and transitor invertors.
You still don't need the diodes - it's wired-or logic.

Ken

Ray Andraka

*bob, you are showing your age*

Bob said:
Hah! Luxury! When I was a boy, Professor Babbage made us use gears
and levers! Compared to that experience, designing with today's EDA
tools seems...well, pretty much the same, actually.

Bob Perlman
Cambrian Design Works

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Marlboro

Can anyone send me a 4-bit binary divider circuit in this email :
(e-mail address removed) ? I must make this homework for my university and i
am late.
I have to make this circuit only with NAND gates.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot

divider? I think you've already known how to build multiplier... make
one then turn it up side down, and voila you have divider.

YD

You still don't need the diodes - it's wired-or logic.

Ken

But the OP wanted to use only NAND gates. Oh well, an inverter on each
input will turn an OR to a NAND, and as we're already spending
transistors by the bucket might as well go for it.

- YD.

Paul Burke

YD said:
But the OP wanted to use only NAND gates. Oh well, an inverter on each
input will turn an OR to a NAND, and as we're already spending
transistors by the bucket might as well go for it.

Easier than that, just define Vcc(ish) as 0 and ground(ish) as 1.

Paul Burke

Bob Stephens

Easier than that, just define Vcc(ish) as 0 and ground(ish) as 1.

Paul Burke

Most of the DTL logic I worked with was "Negative NAND" logic. 0V = logic
0, -6V = logic 1.

Bob