sqldatasource filterexpression and paging

lewis

I am having an issue with the paging functionality in the gridview

I have a gridview that is setup to read from a sqldatasource.
The page is a search screen, when the search button is clicked i create
a filterexpression on the fly based on data on the screen.
When the screen comes back up the data is filtered as it should. But if
the users wants to view a second page of results an clicks one of the
paging buttons, my filter expression is discarded.

How do i make my filter expression stay with the datasource?