Sr. Software Developer, Ruby on Rails

mjd

Hi all,

Hope this is ok to post here. We are a fun startup, looking for a Sr.
Ruby Developer.

Thanks,
Matt

Sr. Software Developer, Ruby on Rails

Punchbowl Software is an early-stage startup looking for a savvy Senior
Software Developer to join our team. We are an easy-going group of
software experts that are enthusiastically pursuing a fun and lucrative
market. The skills we are looking for include:

- 3+ years developing a high-traffic consumer web application
- 6-12 months or more spent coding in Ruby on Rails
- Toolset: RoR, AJAX, Javascript, MySQL, CSS, web services
- Experience managing developers in a geographically distributed team
- Ability to lead the technical effort in a rapidly evolving startup

This position will be a combination of cash and equity, so be ready to
jump into a startup. Please, no recruiters or offshore development
teams. For more information, create a new account at
http://www.mypunchbowl.com, check it out, and then get in touch at
(e-mail address removed) .

John Carter

Please, no recruiters or offshore development
teams.

I'm not offshore! You are!

rhubarb-rhubarb-mutter-provincial-mutter-parochial-mutter-fume. :)

(Umm, Hint, this is an international mailing list...) :)

John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : (e-mail address removed)
New Zealand

"We have more to fear from
The Bungling of the Incompetent
Than from the Machinations of the Wicked." (source unknown)

Joel VanderWerf

John said:
I'm not offshore! You are!

rhubarb-rhubarb-mutter-provincial-mutter-parochial-mutter-fume. :)

(Umm, Hint, this is an international mailing list...) :)

Maybe he meant developers sitting on fishing boats. It's understandable.
Hauling in a 1500 lb marlin can be a bit of a distraction...

Hal Fulton

John said:
I'm not offshore! You are!

rhubarb-rhubarb-mutter-provincial-mutter-parochial-mutter-fume. :)

(Umm, Hint, this is an international mailing list...) :)

If people can post citys-specific requests, they can
certainly post nation-specific requests...

Hal

William Grosso

Joel said:
Maybe he meant developers sitting on fishing boats. It's understandable.
Hauling in a 1500 lb marlin can be a bit of a distraction...

Given that this is an international mailing list, shouldn't that be in
kg?

Bill

Joel VanderWerf

William said:
Given that this is an international mailing list, shouldn't that be in
kg?

Kilos are too disreputable, especially if you are sitting around
offshore with a laptop, satellite modem, and no apparent reason to be there.

I'm going to stop there, before those software pirates make me walk off
the end of any arrays ;)

John Carter

If people can post citys-specific requests, they can
certainly post nation-specific requests...

I guess what got me giggling was he didn't even say what city, let alone
nation.

Perhaps, in best English Tradition, it's high time we went go over and
"Discovered" them! :))

Arrh me Hearties, prepare to be boarded.

John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : (e-mail address removed)
New Zealand

"We have more to fear from
The Bungling of the Incompetent
Than from the Machinations of the Wicked." (source unknown)

Matt Lawrence

Maybe he meant developers sitting on fishing boats. It's understandable.
Hauling in a 1500 lb marlin can be a bit of a distraction...

Actually, I've been looking at http://shipexpo.com/sales/ and dreaming
about a mobile software development team.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.

Sammyo

John said:
I guess what got me giggling was he didn't even say what city, let alone
nation.

If you 'blokes' would just click a bit you would see that punchbowl.com
is located at the hub of the universe.

darren kirby

quoth the John Carter:
I think what he means is he wants a single person to apply, not one of
those "offshore development teams" that advertise themselves as the solution
to all your development problems (ie: a pool of cheap labour).

Otherwise, why would he list "Experience managing developers in a
geographically distributed team" as a requirement.

-d

Marc Heiler

"Maybe he meant developers sitting on fishing boats. "

I heard about them....

Ruby pirates! Its rumoured they can catch jumping fish
with their long fingernails. And some even K.O. sharks with
their laptops single handedly!
"dreaming about a mobile software development team."

Thinking about it, with "love boats", rave-music bots
and other much more expensive stuff on-boats, who
wants to host a ruby-on-ships conference?
Off-topic yeah ... but after ruby-on-rails I figured it
could be on-plane or on-ships too! ;)