Standard Library Docs online at ruby-doc.org

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by jbritt, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. jbritt

    jbritt Guest

    The HTML output from the RDoc comments from Gavin Sinclair's stdlib-doc
    project [0] are online at www.ruby-doc.org [1].

    The pages have a nie index running down the left side, with the docs on
    the right. Quite handy!

    Big thanks to Gavin, William Webber, Lyle Johnson, and the folks on the
    ruby-doc mailing list for their efforts.

    I hope to have, Real Soon Now, a link to a tarball of the most current
    version of the docs, and an automatic process in place to always have
    the most current version of the docs online.

    If you would be willing to spend some time helping document the standard
    lib, please consider joining the ruby-doc mailing list (see the
    ruby-doc.org home page for details), or contact myself or Gavin.

    Thanks,

    James Britt
    jbritt AT ruby-doc DOT org

    [0] http://stdlib-doc.rubyforge.org/
    [1] http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

    jbritt, Nov 23, 2003

  2. James, Gavin, William, Lyle ...

    Fantastic work you all ! Thanks a bunch!!

    Shashank Date, Nov 23, 2003

  3. jbritt

    jbritt Guest

    You're quite welcome.

    James

    jbritt, Nov 23, 2003
  4. http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib is now the one and only place to go for
    browsing this documentation online. In the near future you can go
    there to find the latest downloadable tarball too.

    My initial announcement directed you to
    http://stdlib-doc.rubyforge.org for online browsing. That is no
    longer the case; these files will be removed shortly.

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Hi James,

    The link on line which marked below is broken:

    Game Programming in Ruby

    There is a book on game programming due around December 2003 from Course
    Technology, Inc. , titled Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby,
    written by by Tom Gutschmidt.

    You can read a bit more about it here. <-------------------- broken link

    ^^^^^^^^

    Shashank Date, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Great!

    Funny that I got a Zope Python Debugger advertising banner at top of the
    page :)

    Regards,

    Michael

    Michael Neumann, Nov 23, 2003
  7. jbritt

    jbritt Guest

    The link worked at the time of the posting four months ago. It seems
    the site owners decided to change their URLs. I'll see what I can do,
    but I don't always have the wherewithall to fix external links in old
    site posts, as people take down pages, nove things around, etc.

    James

    jbritt, Nov 23, 2003
  8. Perfectly understandable.
    Thanks James,
    -- shanko

    Shashank Date, Nov 23, 2003
  9. jbritt

    Tim Hunter Guest

    Thanks a million, guys! I notice that when I look at the page with
    Konqueror 3.1.4, the underscores under the links in the Table of Contents
    frame, starting with "cgi", actually overlay the text instead of appearing
    underneath. Probably a bug in Konq, because with Mozilla, Galeon, and
    Opera everything is copacetic.

    Tim Hunter, Nov 23, 2003
  10. jbritt

    jbritt Guest

    Python and Java ads turn up a lot. I've seen some really odd ones,
    though, for helping brain tumor patients, and saving endangered species.

    Hm. Maybe not so odd after all, when you think about Java ...

    James

    jbritt, Nov 23, 2003