Start a windows program

Gary

Hi I was just wondering if it is possible to start a windows program
from within a java program? Maybe a .exe file?

Thank you for help

Andrew Thompson

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:35:56 +1000, David Scurrah wrote:

Wow! You are high on productivity David!
Three errors in a two line post, nice going.
Read below for details.

On another reply to this post..
Even better than the javadoc for runtime.exec()

1) Please quote what you are referring to
is this article .

2) Attachmanets are not encouraged on most news-groups (this
is one of them), and many servers, and newsread clients,
automatically strip them. The attachment did not arrive here.

3) Top-posting fragments a conversation and quickly leads to
utter confusion, please refrain from doing so.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#netiquette>

Now, since I have utterly no idea what was in the article
you did not even name, I am unable to make further comment
of your summation that your approach is 'much better' than
using Runtime.exec(). Though it does appear to be 'much
more secret'.. ;-)

--
Andrew Thompson