state server

Juan T. Llibre

Cookies are stored client-side and State Server has nothing to do with cookies,
except that cookies must be enabled, regardless of whether session state is
being kept InProc, in SQL Server or in State Server, in order for a client's
session state to be maintained, except when you turn off the emission of
cookies by the server and use cookieless mode.

When a session is initiated on first request,
the server issues a unique session ID to the user.

To persist the session ID, you usually store it in an in-memory cookie (which is the default),
or embed it within the request URL after the application name (cookieless mode).

To switch between cookie and cookieless session state,
set the value of the cookieless parameter in the Web.config file to true or false.

<sessionState mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=<username>;password=<strong password>"
cookieless="true"
timeout="20" />

If you are going to use cookieless mode, remember that in cookieless mode
the server automatically inserts the session ID only in relative URLs.

Absolute URLs aren't modified by the server if cookieless mode is used.

MG

can any one please guide me about storing session cookies using a state
server.
and if client has cookies turned off then will the state server store the
session cookies.
excuse me , if i am too naive about the topic.