"Stop Running this script?" in IE 7

qasim

Hi All,

I have developed a web application in which against a particular "when the
user sends some post back from Internet Explorer 7.0, it gives a message
"Stop Running this Script", if I click "Yes", the script stops and if I
click "No", the message appears again after some processing and so on.

The application has been developed using

1. ASP.NET 2.0
2. Visual Studio 2005
3. Microsoft AJAX Update Panels
4. And a lot of JAVA script

Inline javascript is also embedded in ASPX pages as well that is needed in
that application.

I think, the problem is because of some javascript function that is taking
so much time.

This problem is not appearing in Firefox 3.0.5.

Machine specifications are:

1.Intel core 2 Duo
2. Windows XP SP2
3. IE 7.0

Is there a way to "programmatically" handle this problem?
Or, Is there a way/tool to find which Java script function is taking time so
that I can debug that javascript function. Remember I am using IE 7.0

Any replies are most welcome

Qasim Zeeshan
Software Engineer

George

"Is there a way to "programmatically" handle this problem?"
Yes, remove your Javascript :)

IE give this message when your Javascript eats up a lot of resources.
Usually it happens when you have endless loop in your Javascript code.
So rewrite your Javascript code and problem will go away.
There are no perfect tools to debug Javascript but FireBug for FireFox is on
of the best....

George.