Store Formatinformation of an Datagrid

Gh0st

Is it possible to Store the format of an Datagrid (color,size,... of
each Cell/Row/Column), to use it on another Datagrid??

At the Moment I have a Datagrid an I store it in a Session-Variable

Session("Print") = DataGrid1

Then I open a new Webpage

Response.Write("<script
language=JavaScript>window.open('print.aspx?Table=Turnover&Start=" &
Request("Start") & "&Ende=" & Request("Ende") & "&DepValue=" &
Request("DepValue") & "&StoValue=" & Request("StoValue") &
"');</script>")

At this Page I have an Datagrid and I'm trying to Reassign the Stored
one

DataGrid1 = Session("Print")
DataGrid1.DataBind()

In the Datagrid1 is the same as in the Stored one, but the Datagrid1
isn't shown but Datagrid1.Visible =true

ghosthunter

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your answer. The problem with CSS is, that the data I read
into my Datagrid can be different, also the width, backcolor,.. from
the columns, that all depends on the shown informations, and is
genereated "by hand".

That's why I'm searching for a way to store the
Datagrid-Style-Informations

A short description of my Project:

I have 6 different Categories for my Data's. And one Datagrid that
displays the data which is choosen. That all works fine, because I know
how the Datagrid should look for each Category.

But now I've added a Print-preview Button which opens a new site and on
this my datagrid is displayed without Paging, so I can Print all Rows
at once. Also works fine, except the DatagridStyle that should look
like in the "original". And I don't want to add the 6
Datagrid-format-routines to the Print-Preview.aspx.

Can't be that there is no "professional" way of copy the Styleinfo's.
or?

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

Are u saying that you are generating data dynamically hence you are creating
the dg style dynamically?
If so you can apply CSS based on what data is shown dynamically too right?
Or did I get you wrongly?
R. Thomas

ghosthunter

I have different data's about a store. In one category I show the
Turnover from one day in another category from a month and in the next
one the ZIP-Code from the Customers and so on.

I get the data out of an Database and display it in my datagrid. The
data's are always different for the categories and have to be shown
different.
For eg.
The fist colum should be written left-aligned the next one
right-aligned and the background from the 3rd should be RED. In the
next category it is displayed all centered an WHITE background.

Hmmm while reading this I think I get an idea of what you think about.

You say if I know how the data should be shown I should generate my CSS
this way that i have for each cateory a CSS-Style that defines the
style of my Datagrid.

Sounds like a good idear, but I have no plan how I have to write a
CSS-Style for a whole datagrid/table, is that possible? If i write it
for each row seperatly that would be a lot of code.

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

Yes that is what I am saying, you are the author of the data in the grid, so
author the css for it as well at the same go.
Lot of code yes, but then you are trying to achieve something of a very high
end right?
So what's the problem with lot of code?
If I were you, I'd write a function and I will let the function change the
apprearance of all the datagrids.
The funcion will check for the value present and apply CSS accordingly.
Doesn't sound very difficult, does it?
P.S : If this post helped you, please click 'Yes' on top of this thread to
close the thread.Thanks
HTHs....
R. Thomas

ghosthunter

Yes thank you as soon as I have time I will start with the CSS, thanks
for your help.

Btw. I can't find the "Yes" on top of this thread is this at thread.
Has this changed @groups-beta.google.com?

ghosthunter

hmm there is only a hide options button on top of each post,
R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net Jan 12, 11:13 pm hide options

if I click on it there are some options
original | Report Abuse

But I think noone will close the Thread.

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

Huh?
Do you see the quote :
Was this post helpful to you?